The ONE organ responsible for high blood pressure.
How to Lower Blood Pressure
How can I lower my blood pressure? Everyone can benefit from measures to lower blood pressure. Even if you have healthy blood pressure, you can take steps to maintain it. The following lifestyle modifications can help lower blood pressure significantly:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Stop Smoking
- Reduce your salt intake
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables
- Stay more physically active
- Try to deal with stress
- Do not add salt to food at the table.
- Avoid adding salt to food while cooking.
- Restrict processed foods, which are usually high in salt.
- Try seasoning your dishes with pepper, spices or herbs as an alternative to salt.
- Marine salt, rock salt, garlic salt and table salt have the same sodium content.
- Males Maximum 17 units in 7 days
- Females Maximum 11 units in 7 days
- ½ pint of beer
- a small glass of wine (100ml)
- 1 pub measure of spirits
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator
- Get off the bus one or two stops early.
- Park your car at the far end of the parking lot.
- Remember that any activity that leaves you warm and slightly breathless is good.